Does your company have a fleet of vehicles? If so, implementing a vehicle tracking system might be a good idea. If you’ve heard about the solution, you’re probably wondering what types of companies stand to benefit most from vehicle tracking. Read this article to find out the 7 most essential benefits vehicle tracking systems bring to organizations that have fleets of vehicles they want to take care of and manage the best possible way.
But first, what exactly is a vehicle tracking system?
A GPS-based vehicle tracking solution consists of two elements: a tracking device placed inside the vehicle together with a central server and software which allows users to track vehicles from headquarters, often with the use of an interactive map.
GPS trackers can measure the vehicle’s movements but also speed, position, and direction of travel. The device placed inside the vehicle transmits data about its location and movements in real-time.
Now that you know what a vehicle tracking system is all about, it’s time to review its most important benefits.
Benefits of vehicle tracking systems
- Vehicle tracking systems can help optimize operations by reducing the running costs by targeting the drivers who waste fuel. By bringing you data about driver behavior, they help to correct driving style to reduce fuel, maintenance bills, and even insurance premiums. All in all, a vehicle tracking solution is an excellent tool for reducing your operation operational costs.
- Another advantage of a vehicle tracking system is that it uses an automatic mileage reminder which fleet managers can use to reduce the time wasted on vehicle maintenance. Introducing a service that makes sure that your vehicles are serviced on a regular basis means that the resale value of your fleet will be higher as well. That way, you can also avoid penalties for problems such as bad tires since reminders about maintenance are sent to you regularly.
- Vehicle tracking systems also allow boosting the productivity of workers. By keeping track of prolonged lunches, exposing unauthorized stops and breaks, and evaluating overtime requests of workers, your vehicle tracking solution will provide you with all the information you need to make the right decision. Having all the detailed insights about the whereabouts of your vehicles at hand makes it easy to keep an eye on employee activities and spot any potential problems before they become serious issues.
- On the other hand, vehicle tracking systems allow business owners to identify the most productive employees. You can use that information to implement further training or create a system of bonuses. It will boost the work ethic of your employees and motivate them to go the extra mile for you. Communication between drivers and business owners is much easier thanks to the vehicle tracking system. Since all the relevant information is located on one screen, it provides answers to every possible inquiry quickly and accurately. Your business will become more reliable in the eyes of customers if you’re able to let them know where the vehicle that carries their goods is located exactly and what is its accurate ETA.
- Another critical benefit of vehicle tracking systems has to do with sustainability. Sustainable businesses are the ones that consumers trust most. And you know that most of the time, trust is a critical factor for choosing one service provider over another. If you can show your customers that you care about the environment and do your best to minimize the impact your operations have on it, you’ll be on your way to building a trusting relationship with them. Using a vehicle tracking system helps to reduce fuel consumption and monitor everything relevant to making a trip from point A to B environmentally-friendly. That includes tracking driver behavior such as speeding that might have an impact on fuel consumption. You can also ensure that your drivers are being safe and contribute to general road safety.
- Geo-fencing is one of the most exciting features of vehicle tracking systems. It allows marking a particular area on the map where your fleet isn’t supposed to be going or should reach during the trip. When a vehicle enters an area marked by a geo-fence, you will get a notification via SMS, email, or push notification. This allows companies to have full control over the precise locations of their fleet.
- Don’t forget that a vehicle tracking system is also an excellent anti-theft tool. After all, knowing where all your vehicles are precisely is prevents them from being taken away or stolen. Another advantage comes from the fact that some vehicle tracking systems are equipped with automated features that can recognize a dangerous or suspicious situation. If that happens, you will get notified immediately so that you can take action with the local authorities and resolve the problem before it’s too late.
These benefits make it clear that investing in a vehicle tracking system is a smart move for organizations that have a fleet of vehicles they want to make the most of. Are you looking for a reliable GPS tracking system provider? Get in touch with us; our consultants will help you pick the best solution on the market.